Monday, October 26, 2009

Excuses, excuses

We all have lots of excuses as to why we fall behind on things. Here's my latest excuse list and I think it shines a small light into why I may be a bit behind on my blog posts.

1. Report cards were due. Need not say more.

2. Parent/teacher conferences were last Thursday and Friday.

3. Stress.
There's a lot of it when not only you're in a new job but even when ordering at Subway can be an intensive experience. Stop for a moment and think of all the choices you have to make. Now imagine ordering in Portuguese. The are the obvious ones like tomate for tomato but think about how you'd say lettuce or oil and vinegar.

4. Homesickness.
It comes in waves and lots of the time I don't recognize it at first and just think I'm in a funk. I'm feeling better now but am ready for it to show it's face again. And it's hard to be away for your dad's birthday and when you try to send a cute video of you singing happy birthday and it doesn't even work that makes you feel worse about it.

5. Travel.
Part of the reason I'm here to do it and love it but you know when you return from vacation how you need another vacation, that's me.

6. Daylight savings time.
We just sprung forward one hour last Sunday. Thank goodness I forgot to set my alarm today and not last Monday.

7. Overwhelmed.
I couldn't keep up with anything, let alone writing these posts.

8. Learning.
I'm learning that for a long winded person I just sometimes need to keep it simple with these posts so not worry so much about including all the details, just remember it's a way to share.

*9. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Lately I've been the lucky receiver of several packages. Two included Reese's peanut butter cups, my favorite candy. A reader suggested that perhaps due to lack of these in my diet, the reintroduction of them caused a sugar coma and a lapse in writing.

*10. Sunshine.
Can't argue that one so much. The sunshine and 80 degree temps do impact my work load. But on the other hand it's a HOT 80 degrees and with the rainy season pretty humid. So it is enjoyable at times but with the rain storms and hot sun I'm unsure how much this one is truly a good excuse.

* Suggested additions by readers.

That's the end of my list for now. I'm sure it'll grow and change. If I've forgotten any obvious ones, holler and I'll edit this one. This post is also for my readers who are regulars. Feel a little obligated to you all and I'm trying to keep up my end of the bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment